Rome is a city full of antiquity and overtures countless events to see and do including museums, ancient headstones and parks. Most of the popular tourist places in Rome - monuments, museums & churches - display architectural excellence & have a rich history. Discover the most fashionable tourist charms.
Rome is a city full of history and offers countless things to see and do including museums, ancient monuments and parks. Most of the popular tourist places in Rome - monuments, museums & churches - display architectural excellence & have a rich history. Discover the most popular tourist
1. Vatican City is the world's smallest independent international state, a walled-off enclave within Rome. Its home to 842 people, the Sistine Chapel, and St Peter's Basilica.
2. Some of the world's most important relics -- the Sistine Chapel, for example -- are located inside the Vatican Museum. A guided tour here is worth every penny.
3. This is where to go when you want to see Roman ruins. The Roman forum itself was on one occasion a fair or mall and is encircled by the scraps of ancient government buildings.
4. It's thought that Palatine Hill is where Rome began. Excavations show that people have lived there since 1000 BC, and the ruins are steeped in mythology.
5. This tourist attraction is also the center of the Catholic world. The magnificent St Peter's Basilica was constructed on the site where Peter, the disciple and first Holy Father, was concealed.
6. Rome's world-famous Trevi Fountain depicts the mythological Neptune, backed by two Tritons. An amusing abode to snatch a gelato, throw a coin in the fountain, and people-watch.
7. The Galleria Borghese is known to be one of the best museums in Rome. A 17th century cottage is situated in the sprawling Borghese Park. You'll see antiquities, Renaissances art, and early Baroque pieces.
8. Villa Borghese is the largest park in Rome. It features several buildings, museums, a lake, fountains and beautiful green meadows. A definite-must!
9. Janiculum Hill, called Gianicolo in Italian, is one of Rome's most romantic places to visit. It also provides stunning views of the city.